Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lemme Tell Yall

I woke up this morning with a loud praise in my head, it was so loud that I was awaken. I didn't even hear this song recently, so I don't even know how this particular song was stuck there.

"Oh magnify the Lord, for He is worthy to be praised... Hosanna, blessed be the rock, blessed be the rock of my salvation." It's a really nice song that I used to hear a lot growing up. Anyways, this song would not let me go to back to sleep, and I began to remember the time that I re-dedicated my life back to Christ. I have always had faith in God, but on this particular day I think I started to develop a stronger personal relationship with Him.

Lets be honest, there are times where we drift off a little bit and do what we want to do and not what God wants us to do, right? Well, that was me.. but for a long time though. I was in my freshman year of college and I probably had not attended church in months, just being reckless knowing it wasn't right.

So, one night I had this dream.. I won't go in to detail because I don't want to bore you. To sum it up, there was natural disaster on earth and this storm that was tearing everything up. I was the last person on earth and this storm was literally on my tail. I was running from this storm (tornado) that was sure to kill me. I ran from it and found a bike. I rode the bike to a car with KEYS inside..lol, a random car. I drove the car but I could not outlast this storm, it was too fast. The car eventually ran out of gas and I had to sprint about 50 yards to this mansion standing alone. I busted in the house which was empty, I hurried to the basement to find a room with no windows (teach you that in elementary school). It couldn't stop the storm, the house was tearing down and right when the storm came eye to eye with me... a loud strong voice says "TIME IS RUNNING OUT" and I woke up.

Now, the storm was the death of me and God gave me these different outlets to save myself(Bike, Car, House). He let me escape it those couple times, but eventually it had to catch up with me. It was inevitable. That's when I realized the scariest thought I have could ever have, was "If I were to die, where would I go??" I'm so sure this dream had to come from God cuz it was time that I get my life back in order and back in the church. I had been running for too long.

I remained hard headed, and I went out partying one Friday night(the Sabbath). I was dead tired Sabbath morning, and my contacts that were still in my eyes for days had given me an infection. I couldn't see NATHAN!! This is the great part... I believe that God intended for me to hear this particular sermon that Saturday morning. My man Nelson came to my dorm room and says, "Lets go to church." I fought him off for a long while and he kept coming back. So, to shut him up I got up with my infected eyes and sore throat. Got in my truck with Nelson and a few other friends that decided to go as well. Around this time, my truck had minor issues that for some reason this morning decided to start lunchin. The truck felt as if we were going to tip over because it was wobbling. I started to turn back and go home but we decided to continue. Let me tell you, Satan will do ANYTHING to keep you from serving God. We kept going and I heard this sermon from Pastor Wright that changed my life.

I was never the type to stand up in church and go up for altar calls and stuff like that. I'm always too scared and just never felt like it. This day at the altar call, I didn't get up, but somehow found myself halfway down the aisle. Before I knew it, I was the first person in the front of the congregation. It had to be nothing else but the holy spirit, because I certainly didn't get up. To this day, I am still trying to figure it out. It was a sermon that spoke straight to my heart, and I felt as if he was talking to me only. God has a plan for all of us, and it's really up to us to decide to follow and not continue to ignore God's red flags that he reveals to us.

Don't ignore your red flags and know that God is able.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I am sooo proud of you and your commitment to your faith. This is a beautiful post and thank you so much for sharing your story. I'm inspired! Thanks little bro!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think?

Come Back!!!!!!